Swedish Institute educates students to become skilled, ethical, culturally competent and compassionate massage therapists, nurses, personal trainers and allied health professionals serving the diverse communities of the Greater New York Metropolitan Area.
Swedish Institute will be recognized as a premier multi-specialty health educational institution, using its nearly 100-year tradition of excellence in the education of massage therapists to inform education and training in diverse areas of health practice. Its students will benefit from programs that are based on a holistic and integrative approach to health and wellness and yet meet or exceed the rigorous requirements of programmatic accreditation, including high graduate pass rates on licensure and certification exams. Expert faculty and staff will shape an inclusive learning environment where students experience the best in teaching practices and the support and guidance needed to succeed in the classroom and on the job.
At Swedish Institute we value:
- a learning environment where we challenge ourselves and our students to think critically, seek mastery and serve consciously.
- an ethical environment where we nurture a compassionate, holistic and collaborative approach to patient care.
- a collegial environment that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, integrity and critical reflection.
- a collaborative environment in which we partner with traditional and non-traditional healthcare practitioners and institutions to advance evidence-based research and develop models of integrative care.
- a results-oriented environment where we work to achieve the best in learning and program outcomes.